Skybet / Calculatem / S&G Shark / Dial a Dealer / Skybet

Monday, October 23, 2006

Starting to turn it around

Well after all the bad luck, bad beats and outdraws of the last week or more, things began to turn my way on Sunday.
Two bets on the football, Man Utd and Spurs, both won and I managed a long overdue MTT win in the 50 Euro added on Betfair Poker.
Helped by one outrageous stroke of luck when I re-raised what I thought was an attempted steal from the button with K9s, to find he actually had AK. Thje poker gods smiled on me however with a 9 on the turn and a new lease of life.
I felt I played pretty well from there on in and won 108 euro for my trouble.
Played the Flashmob game on Betfair later on Sunday evening with my usual (lack of) success, I ran AK into AA.
I dont think I've ever won a flashmob game since it became an organised mtt and not just a crashed sit and go, despite cashing 2 or 3 times.
I also played the 8pm £2.25 mtt on Betfair and was running pretty well in about 10th position out of around 18 when I doubled up with TT v K8 all in pre-flop, until a few hands later I was all in pre-flop again, this time calling with KK only to find myself up against AA again and no help this time so Im out in 15th out of 492 with a tenner for nearly 3 hours play, but at least there were no hard luck stories, or frustrating outdraws.
Im playing from today with a positive mental attitude, avoiding the thunder format games, and determined to have a prifitable week.
Heres hoping.......

No comments: