I had a look back at Jan 2006 postings to see what progress I've made in the last year
My targets for 2006 were :
1. A profit of £200 per month £2400 for the year, enough to pay for a holiday
2. To win one of the evening guaranteed mtt's on Betfair
3. To progress my cash game, and to make an overall profit on cash games
4. To make the final table in a live game at the Casino at Teesside Park by the middle of the year and a top 3 finish by the end of the year
5. To play and qualify from sattelites for the £10k or £15k Gtd on Betfair and to make the final table on one of them
6. To win a big mtt on Partypoker, I like the $2 mtt at 2.45 pm but unfortunately, work does not allow me to play it too often, or maybe the $5 rebuy with a huge prize fund
My results against these are as follows :
1. Total online profit for 2006 £1600.09 total live profit for 2006 £298
Total profit for the year, just short of £1900, not quite on target but better than I expected mid-way through the year.
2. A win on the old $5k Gtd fits the bill here, achieved on 28th June
3. The lease said the better as far as cash games are concerned, still have'nt got to grips with ring games and lost $170 overall on the year
4. Teesside park is a bit to far away from Gib, but I have won a live tournament in Gib Casino for £750 so I guess I can tick this one off too.
5. I won entry into a few higher value tournaments, but no final table yet
6. I cant play on Partypoker from Gib so this one is a no no, but I have won mtt's on Betfair, Wm Hill, UKBetting and Paradise.
Overall 3/6 not a bad attempt but must try harder in 2007
Next posting : Targets for 2007