Skybet / Calculatem / S&G Shark / Dial a Dealer / Skybet

Monday, December 04, 2006

Another 3rd Place

I managed another final table, and third place again on the Crypto $2.5k Gtd last night for $290.
It was a funny tournament to play, I had no cards at all early on, but every time I took a gamble I got a call and managed to win 3 or 4 50/50's to stay in contention.
Then just as the bubble approached I had a great run of cards to take the chip lead, even all my mid pocket pairs made trips, or even full houses.
Got down to the final three with about 40k, chip leader had 70k and short stack about 20k.
Needless to say the short stack came back to win.
Its a bit dissapointing when you get so close and fail to win, apart from the cash, $580 for 2nd and $870 for 1st, its a while since I actually won one of these things, it would be nice to break my duck before Christmas.
The late night Gtd tournaments on Crypto don't seem to have too much value in them since Betfairs split, the $5k Gtd is now only $2.5k Gtd. They do run $4k £8k and £12k Gtd tournaments, but all the satellites are Thunder format with 6 minute levels, which makes qualifying a bit of a crap-shoot, but I guess also guarantees an above average proportion of fish in the main events than would normally be the case.

No comments: