Skybet / Calculatem / S&G Shark / Dial a Dealer / Skybet

Friday, September 29, 2006

Aces no good

I entered the wrong mtt last night, I wanted to play in the £4k Gtd on Betfair at 19:00 UK time, but clicked on the other £10 tournament starting at the same time, and found myself in a 40 runner mtt with a £400 prize pool instead of £4k.
It was an interesting game, with the blinds at 50/100 two players were all in pre-flop AA v QQ a Q on the flop meant curtains for the guy with pocket rockets and much ul gg in the chat box.
A couple of hands later I have QJ of clubs utg and limp in, 3 other limpers and the sb calls, bb checks.
Flop was 9T3 with 2 more clubs, giving me a flush and open ended straight draw, I check hoping for a cheap turn card and surprisingly, so does everyone else. Turn was a rag so I bet 300 thinking I may well take the pot down here, and if not, have loads of outs on the river. All fold except the sb, I figure he is probably on the flush draw too. River is Kd giving me the straight, so I bet out 600, sb raises to 1200, so I push all in and he calls.
What does he have ? Pocket Rockets !
I've rarely seen them played so poorly.
He limps in with 4 previous limpers and the bb still to play
Checks the flop and lets all of us have a free card
Then when I bet out, instead of raising and taking the pot, he flat calls and lets me make the straight.
But instead of laughing at this inept play, everyone thinks it is unlucky
The chat box is full of ul gg and "aces no good tonight"
I was tempted to try to explain to them how slowplaying them until your opponent makes a hand is not unlucky, its crap play, but I held my tongue and laughed under my breath.
The story even has a happy ending as I went on to finish 2nd for £96, after the winner knocked out just about all the final table one after another

No comments: