Skybet / Calculatem / S&G Shark / Dial a Dealer / Skybet

Thursday, September 21, 2006

I have been to Paradise

I have been to Paradise......and its full of rocks
My search for a new "home" once Betfair does a moonlight flit to Pokerchamps, which incidently is the worst kept secret in the online poker world, took me to Pardise this week; or to be more precise Paradise Poker.
Now my idea of paradise is probably similar to yours, golden sands, swaying palm trees and scantily clad hand maidens with cool drinks on order.
Well I can tell you, that in fact, pardise is full of rocks.
Its rockier than the Marciano family photo album.
I thought the structure for the sit and go tournaments looked good, 1000 chips with blinds starting at 5/10, and so it would have been were it not for the fact that no-one plays a hand unless its pocket aces, for the first four levels.
Now this should be an invitation to steal blinds, raise pots and generally give it the whole "total poker" treatment, but it doesn't seem to work like that, I had a run of 8 consecutive games without getting in the top 6 never mind the money, finished up with 2 wins, 1 second and 3 thirds from a total of 18 STT's for a small loss overall.
I would have still made a profit on the week if I hadn't ventured back on the cash tables again. I don't know why I bother to be honest, I expect to lose, and no matter how often I tell myself to have a positive attitude, deep down I know I'm a fish in the shark infested cash tables water.
So back on the tournament trail again this week, maybe even venture back to paradise.

No comments: