Skybet / Calculatem / S&G Shark / Dial a Dealer / Skybet

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A week at higher stakes

I have been playing in some higher stakes mtt's this week. I want to prove to myself that I can play at a higher level
I will post my results here so as to encourage me to concentrate and play my A game all week.

Monday 28th Nov Betfair £3k Gtd mtt 32nd out of 401 Scraped into the money, then found KK to treble up, got as high as 15th, then went out with AQ on the SB, all in against the chip leaders AK on the BB

Tuesday 29th Nov Betfair £3k Gtd mtt 154th out of 428 A frustrating time, limped in early pos with 55, laid it down to a raise & reraise eventually three went all in, all with AK and as luck would have it my fives would have held up. Went out reraising with 99 from the button against chip leaders KK

Wednesday 30th Nov Betfair £3k Gtd mtt 86th out of 425 Had to sit tight early on until I found pocket aces on level 5 to double up, made the break with 3k, limped into the final 100 and went all in with QQ v JJ he hit the third Jack on the turn, and 3 hands later I was gone as the blinds caught up with me.

Saturday 3rd December Played a £2.70 + 30p satelite to qualify for tonights Betfair £10k Gtd along with fellow Betfair Flashmob Forumite AJ Cairns. Check out his Blog "3 times the big blind" via the link on the right.
Betfair £3k Gtd mtt 73rd out of 365, same old story, always short-stacked, never really got into the game, went out with 9T on BB 983 flop, all in and up against pocket eights
Betfair £10k Gtd mtt 248th out of 405 still no hands, had to grind it out for an hour, but never got into the game. Will try to qualify again for this tourney via another sattelite, maybe tomorrow.

Sunday 4th December Just can't seem to make a hand at all, no matter what I play.
My bankroll is taking a bit of a bashing at these higher levels, in stt's or mtt's all I seem to do is sit for hours pressing the fold button until I get blinded out. Every time I try a steal or a bluff, I run into a monster; and its starting to get me down.
Betfair £3k Gtd mtt 227th out of 493 I seem to be getting worse as the week goes on, ended the week with a loss of £66, thats two losing weeks on the trot. Now I have to decide whether to persevere at the higher level, or drop back down again

No comments: