Skybet / Calculatem / S&G Shark / Dial a Dealer / Skybet

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Poker for beginners

I've been reading poker blogs from some of the high stakes players on Betfair Poker, and decided to produce my own as a Poker Rookie.
I play online to small stakes, £5 & £10 stt and £2 mtt, mainly on Betfair, but also on Wm Hills, PartyPoker and Ladbrokes
I started playing in February, and I'm approx £500 up since then so I think I can make a steady profit on the low stakes tournaments, having played over 700 tournaments in that time.
What I really want to know is can I move up through the levels to play at a stake that will give me a regular second income, or even allow me to give up work?
The problem seems to be confidence, when it's high I play well and win, when its low I play poorly and lose, but the more I lose, the lower my confidence gets - it's a vicious circle.
Maybe this blog will allow me to analyse my play, improve my profits and lift my confidence levels.

No comments: